Pages

Wednesday 18 May 2016

Play with words



Screenshot 2016-05-18 at 10.56.54 AM.png


WALT: understand/find 2 meanings to puns.


Room 8 had been talking about puns for a while now like Mr Hendricks for instance. He always says “eyes by me.” That's why we drew eyes near him but actually he wants us to look at him. Meanwhile others doodled eyes onto a netball because “keep your eyes on the ball” is used many times not only in netball but for some other sports as well. The correct meaning for it was actually focus on the ball. When my sister and I go shopping we make puns, but a very common one that we come up with is “you crack me up” because we ALWAYS see eggs on the shelfs.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia ora Heather
I like how us did the oun about Mr Hendricks and I like that one with the Ball that was very intelligent.
I was very unhappy when I could not do this activity with the class. But I do find that this was a fun activity to do with friends.
Was the activity fun to do ?

Post a Comment