Pages

Friday 28 October 2016

New Zealand Olympic ambassador - Brooke Neal

BeFunky Collage.jpg

For the past hour Brooke Neal, a former New Zealand hockey player visited the year seven and eight students in Glen Innes School. Brooke had revised with us about the three olympic values which are, excellence, friendship and respect. She had many things to say and most of them were very inspiring. Brooke has inspired me to pursue and not give up on my dreams. Brooke also mentioned to us, “What is your why?” What's your purpose for doing what you're doing? When she was in the 2016 Rio Olympics she said that she had written on a poster what are her goals:

1: No one can stop me!
2: I am powerful
3: I show pride
4: I will do my best - EVERY DAY!


Her explanation of what each of those goals meant to her was what really made me inspired, especially that her family and friends are HER why.

0 comments:

Post a Comment