Pages

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Descriptive writing

Walt: Write a descriptive paragraph using Imagery.

Today we learnt how to use imagery when writing. Our teacher told us to work in buddies and write a paragraph based on an earthquake using imagery - 5 senses. I now know how to use imagery but I just need to work on my tense. Imagery is:

The earthquake was like a magnet, drawing in buildings and making them collapse onto the floor. Chaotic people shot around in fear, while birds instantly evacuated the area. My nose was filled with dirt and dust from broken cement. As the ground shook I flopped onto the cold floor that I was once standing on. Dogs cried out loudly while tree leaves and branches rustled together aggressively. My hands were trembling by the sight of crazy power lines uncontrollably swaying in the polluted brown sky that once was a shade of baby blue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment