Pages

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Maths enlargement

Walt: Enlarge pictures outside using chalk

Today for maths we were learning enlargement. We had chosen a picture first then put it into a google drawing. Our picture had to be complicated so that we could challenge ourselves. Once we had our photo in place, we inserted a grid.
Since the weather wasn’t too good we done a practice round on paper to have a better understanding of what we were meant to do outside. Monday came and luckily the sun was out. We chose two straight lines that looked like a “L” on the court. Then we measured our scale factor. 1 centimeter represented 20 centimeters, was my scale factor. To work out our scale factor we really had to think and use our brain. When I drew my grid I wasn’t completely on point but I did use the grid and drew my image accurately. I found the drawing part easy because I stuck to the squares but what I found difficult was measuring my grid. I didn't measure my grid properly which led to me kind of getting frustrated but I got over it and ended up drawing something that i’m very proud of.

IMG_1450.JPG

0 comments:

Post a Comment