Pages

Thursday 10 March 2016

Path of: Maize to New Zealand

14575728566835.png


Walt: write an information report


We can infer that James Cook brought maize to New Zealand in 1772. Then the maoris came around and replaced the crops with potatoes. However the maoris didn’t just plant potatoes, many more. The first corn to be planted in New Zealand was around 1772, near the time Europeans brought maize.


New Zealand's climate is suitable for planting corn because there is not just one type of maize there is a whole lot more. Summer is also great for planting corn throughout September - February. The soil temperature for growing maize should be between 16c and 35c.


Corn was shared back in the day by trading in for crops since money had not been made.


The uses of corn was by making food like popcorn,flour, hot stew, mixed vegetables etc.  Even Though there was no electronics everyone found a way to cook their corn.
    


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather

I really like the choice of words you used and I still remember doing my writing like this. I really like your last sentence talking about having no electronics back in the day. What did they find to cook corn?

Unknown said...

Talofa Natalia

I don't really know what they used to cook corn but i'm sure they used fire. When I exactly know what they used I would tell you. Thanks for commenting.

Post a Comment