Pages

Monday 4 July 2016

Fundraising for 24 hours

Screenshot 2016-07-01 at 12.29.18 PM.png

Dreydon, Kate and Toni came to discuss with room8 about the 80 km walk in the Hillary Trail. Dreydon was part of the group that went on the 80 km walk. They were fundraising for some of the schools around Glen Innes. Their manager had set up everything in order for them to be safe on their walk and had made it a challenge for them to have complete it in less than 24 hours.

The equipment they had used was a locator beacon for if they were badly injured and was in need for a helicopter. A camelback which could hold up to 2 litres of water and a few snacks. 2 flashlights for if one is in need of change of batteries. Obviously proper shoes for walking 80 km and walking through bumpy roads and muddy grounds.

Dreydon said that if you’re going to set a goal it has to be S.M.A.R.T. Which stands for:
S-pecific
M-easurable
A-chievable
R-elevant
T-ime bound

After Dreydon’s talk I learned how to plan properly and about setting my goals using: S.M.A.R.T

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Heather
I like how you added what you learned at the end of Dreydon's presentation. I also thought that I should start making my goals S.M.A.R.T. What goal have you come up with Heather?

Keep up the good work, Heather.

Unknown said...

Kia Orana Heather,
I like how you decorated your collage. I now know how to set my goals as Dreydon taught us how to keep our goal S.M.A.R.T. I enjoyed listening to the presentation and their journey. Have you set a challenging goal for yourself?

Post a Comment