Pages

Thursday 24 August 2017

🐨 Koala pun 🐨

IMG-4264.JPGScreenshot 2017-08-24 at 1.58.16 PM.png


We were learning about puns for the past few days, which is a play of words. Our teacher introduced us to puns using, “brainwashing.” She showed us the literal meaning which was washing an actual brain however the pun was to manipulate or make someone do something for you. I used google to help create my pun which says, “What do you mean I’m not a bear? - I have all the koalafications. That pun has just switched the word “quali” in qualifications to koala.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Heather,

Wow I really enjoyed reading your pun! Those colors you picked to draw your picture are outstanding! Well done on completing it! I also drew a pun and you can check it out on my blog! Do you find this pun funny?

Mrs Lagitupu said...

Hi Heather

I like your post about puns. My name is Mrs Lagitupu and I teach at Pt England School. I am commenting from the Manaiakalani Hui where you have just finished presenting. I want to congratulate you for your amazing presentation in front of a room full of adults and teachers. You should be really proud of yourself for representing your school and talking about your learning so well.

Mrs Lagitupu

Unknown said...

Talofa lava Mrs Lagitupu and Alicia,

Thank you for reading my work and giving me back lovely feedback. I'm glad that you both enjoy my post about puns. I'm flattered that a teacher finds my work pleasurable, thank you Mrs Lagitupu. Actually, I could get a laugh from this pun yet I don't find it that funny.

Thanks again and have a great day!

Post a Comment