Pages

Tuesday 9 May 2017

Evil Twin


Walht: use our creative skills to write an interesting narrative.

The sky was a soft shade of blue with white foam floating across it. I peered out the transparent box on my wall, tippy toeing so that I could get a better view. Unfortunately it all took a turn when I saw my sister Mikayla’s friends out on the pavement waiting for her. Mikayla changed a lot since she met them, she was always playful, open minded and kind but not anymore. They have some sort of name for their group. One time my grandparents spotted them using spray cans to graffiti our neighbors fence.

Then suddenly a lightbulb appeared in my head. I knew exactly what to do. I trotted down the stairs and passed my parents room finally arriving at Mikayla’s door.
“I guess it wouldn’t be too hard to talk to her, right? She obviously wouldn’t tell her friends to beat me up…right?” I whispered to myself. “Stop speaking nonsense! It’s simple. Just walk in, talk, and leave.”
I softly tapped Mikayla’s white wooden door and turned the knob slightly. A tiny gap was revealed however in an instant I was smacked in the face with a horrible stench, I screwed up my nose and walked into the room. Mikayla lifted herself off her bed and put out her left hand, motioning me to leave. I reminded her about how she used to be as well as all the good memories we’ve had. But it failed, her face was completely blank. Next thing I knew Mikayla was trying to shove me out of her room, I tried to resist yet failed. I also tried to speak with her friends but it was the same thing, it was like they were using telepathy to connect with each other.

There was still one option left. While Mikayla was out with her friends I started up a conversation with my parents. I too reminded them of the old Mikayla however this time I went into detail, which made my parents waterworks go off. After my long speech I stared into my parents teary eyes. I felt as though I needed to make them laugh,
“Also, I think Mikayla has a dead fish in her room. It reeks in there,” I giggled. My parents both laughed.
“I know, but I took care of it yesterday. It was just some rotten bananas,” said my mum. Then they both nodded saying that they’ll talk to her later. After about an hour Mikayla returned home. I was upstairs on my bed peacefully listening to music when suddenly my door swung open. There stood Mikayla with a furious look on her face. A big lump formed in my throat when I saw Mikayla walk towards me. It was like the world stopped spinning. She finally got to the edge of my bed and lifted her right hand. I shut my eyes. I waited for the pain but instead was embraced with a hug. Still dumbfounded about Mikayla’s action, the shoulder where Mikayla’s head laid became damp, my eyes softened as I pulled away and asked her what happened. Turned out that she never wanted to be friends with them nor do the things they asked. They used her for her money and Mikayla knew that but she was too afraid to confront them. She did gather up the courage to, which was the reason of her meeting up with them. Now she’s started to be more, well, social.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kia Ora, this is honest a really interesting it uses a lot of different adjectives and i love the starting how you described the sky. Churr

Post a Comment